Las Vegas Aquariums
You may be surprised to find that Las Vegas is homes to some pretty cool aquariums. While Las Vegas aquariums are few and far between, what our city does offer residents and locals are a not miss if you are looking for some indoor family-friendly things to do. Well, one is sort of outdoors… keep reading!
Overview of Article Topics
Just off the Strip, The Silverton Casino is located that has the renowned Bass pro shops attached to it. But that is not even the best thing about this casino. The casino has a 117,000 gallon aquarium that has a live mermaid show having the Vegas uniqueness. The aquarium is cylindrical in shape having 2 five hundred gallon jellyfish aquariums lined with LEDs inside of them.
The mermaids are highly qualified scuba divers certified by the highest of authorities related to scuba diving. The tank has hookah ports to provide mermaids sufficient air. You can attend this FREE show on:
- Thursday (2:15 PM. – 8:45 PM.)
- Friday and Saturday (2:15 PM. – 9:45 PM)
- Sunday ( 11:30 AM. – 6:45 PM)
If you’re not a big fan of mermaids, then at 1:00 pm or 4:30 pm, you can always head over to the tanks and watch the divers feeding stingrays. A guide just outside the tanks will be there just to answers your questions regarding the stingrays.
Divers’ suits have built-in speakers so that they can take the audience’s questions regarding the fish or the aquarium. They also share information and enthralling facts about their profession and the aquarium. For example, the aquarium’s work force takes thirty-two hours per week to make the tank spotless. People always ask the question “ Do the bigger fish try to eat the smaller ones?” So to answer this question- the food provided to the fish is ample.
- Sunday – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday – 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- $20.00 for adults.
- $18.00 for people over 65.
- $14.00 for children (age 4-12)
- Free for Children of age 3 and under.
- Sunday – 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday – 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday – 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday – 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday – 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The exhibits you can attend are:
- Explore Sea Monsters Revealed Exhibit
- Dive With The Sharks
- Stingray Feeding
- Sea Turtle Feeding
- Shark Ray Feedking
- Underwater Proposals
- Birthday Parties
The management and staff at the Golden Nugget know how much people love sharks and that’s why they offer a special tour of the shark tank for those curious people who have thousands of questions in their mind. The Golden Nugget’s resident marine biologist will act as a guide for you on the tour of the 200,000 gallon tank till the end and will answer all the questions asked about the sharks or other fish. So, this tour can also prove to be an educational. The Biologist won’t be talking about the tanks and how they take care of it but he will surely give you enough information about sharks that you’’ll be able to narrate a documentary on sharks. You can also take a shark tooth with you as a souvenir at the end of the tour.
Tickets prices are also affordable. You can book your tickets for 30 dollars per head. The tour starts at 1:30 PM only on Wednesdays. Tickets are available at the hotel desk and also online.
The aquarium also has the ‘Percula Clown Fish’ and ‘The Blue Tang’ fish for all Finding nemo fans. These fish are also very popular because all kids want to see ‘Nemo and Dory’ swimming right in front of their eyes.
The Mirage Aquarium has fish from all around the globe; Australia, Marshal Islands, Tonga, Hawaii, the Red Sea, The Sea of Cortez and the Caribbean. Capacity of the tank is 20,000 gallon and there is a 4-inch acrylic glass between the fish and the tourists.
When you get enough of the aquarium ( Which is nearly impossible), you can visit the arboretum that is tropical jungle themed to take some splendid family photos
Here are some tips to have a great time at this aquarium
- Don’t turn back after looking at a huge crowd with the intention of coming back after a few hours because at the mirage, crowds come in waves. So its much better to just wait for one wave to leave rather than leaving.
- Look for the cutest of the fish that is ‘The Dog Face Puffer’. You certainly wont regret waiting for a glance because they are the cutest.
- Disable the flash function on your camera – it just bounces right off the acrylic leaving you with a big white burst in your photos.
- Turn off the flash of your camera before capturing photos of the fish and to get better results, press your camera or your phone against the glass.
These were the best aquariums of Las Vegas. If you still haven’t decided where to go, just visit these amazing places and it’s a guarantee that you’ll be stunned.
Las Vegas Aquariums