Overview of Article Topics
Arch Rock Campground at Valley of Fire
Arch Rock Campground at Valley of Fire Overview
There are two single-use campgrounds in Valley of Fire State Park, the Arch Rock Campground, and the nearby Atlatl Rock Campground. Arch Rock is better suited for tent camping and smaller campers while larger campers should consider the nearby Atlatl Rock Campground. The preference of the Arch Rock Campground vs. the Atlatl Rock Campground is that some of the sites are tucked away for privacy.
Arch Rock Campground at Valley of Fire Information
- Number of Campsites: 29
- Reservations: No, first-come, first-served
- Consecutive Stay: 14 consecutive days
- Campsite Fee: $10 per vehicle state park entrance fee + $20 camping fee per night (Click here to read more about the Valley of Fire Entrance Fee options)
- Campground coordinates: 36.4187, -114.55168 (36° 25′ 07.32″N 114° 33′ 06.04″W)
Directions to Arch Rock Campground
- From Las Vegas, take Interstate 15 North for about 35 miles to exit 75 (signs for Valley of Fire State Park and Lake Mead National Recreation Area).
- At the end of the offramp, go southeast on Valley of Fire Highway.
- Reach the park’s west entrance after 14.5 miles and then drive another 1.8 miles
- Turn left onto Scenic Loop Road (Campground Road) and drive 1-mile passing Atlatl Rock Campground, Atlatl Rock, and Arch Rock.
- Just after Arch Rock, turn left into the campground.
Arch Rock Campground at Valley of Fire Amenities
- BBQ grill
- Drinking water
- Fire ring with grate
- Vault toilets
- RV dump station
- Shaded table
- Showers are available at Atlatl Rock Campground
Arch Rock Campground at Valley of Fire Photos
The Arch Rock Campground is normally closed from mid-June to September unless the camping attendance starts to get busy and then the park will open the Arch Rock Campground. Call the Valley of Fire State Park at (702) 397-2088 to see if the campground is open for camping.
Valley of Fire Resources
- Valley of Fire State Park
- Valley of Fire Visitors Center
- Valley of Fire Entrance Fee
- Atlatl Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Beehives at the Valley of Fire
- John J. Clark Memorial
- Lone Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Poodle Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Seven Sisters at the Valley of Fire
- The Cabins at the Valley of the Fire
- Valley of Fire Group Campground
- Atlatl Rock Campground
- Nevada Wildlife